Apr 17, 2011

Khloe and Lamar

TV's newest "Dreamteam" has had E-channel goers overall very satisfied.

If you haven't a clue who I'm talking about, it's definitely not a notion of a team of NBA/WNBA players but instead Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom.

Khloe Kardahian & Lamar Odom

The couple first came onto the scene in E's Keeping Up With the Kardashians and their story was what sparked an incredible amount of interest with the Kardashian fans.
Kardashian and Odom met, became boyfriend and girlfriend, engaged, and married all in 30 days [one episode]. Of course the struggle for the family to understand why the couple wanted to move so fast in their relationship was natural but I couldn't help but just be excited for Khloe to have seemingly found someone very special for her.  As soon as they were pronounced husband and wife, there was one thought that popped into my head; "without a doubt, they will get their own spinoff".

Born was a new married celebrity couple and a new reality TV show for me to become obsessed with, Khloe & Lamar. The show premiered Sunday April 10th ( a week ago from today), and according to the Nielsen TV ratings, it did extremely well---well duh. In my opinion, it seems like the Kardashians have the Midas touch, meaning anything they touch turns instantly into gold (or in this case high TV ratings and loads of money).  The Kardashian empire is doing nothing but building and to me, doesn't seem like it is going anywhere.

I can't help but think of all the companies that approach the Kardashians (and now Mr. Odom) to do promotional work for them.  They've got their TV shows by E,  Quick-Trim diet pills, Sketchers toning shoes, perfumes, a jewelry and accessories line for Bebe, a clothing line with Sears, Midori liqueur, clubs, and supposedly have a deal in the works with major nail polish company, OPI. Who knows, I might still even be missing some more things they endorse, but you get the point---they are taking over.

Now if I can get a Kardashian to tweet about me, I bet I could get a bunch of followers because the Kardashain-followers are nothing but loyal to the beautiful family.
Jeez, if I could one day have even half the amount of power they do, I'll be a happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment